I have officially found the best thing for winter-haters; it’s called Grocery Express.
Although I was raised in Long Island, throughout my six years (and counting) in Buffalo, I have been converted into a true “Buffalover”.
I have come to appreciate all that Buffalo has to offer, such as:
- Wegmans (this is a brand which truly speaks for itself)
- Buffalo sports (Bills & Sabres fans do not mess around)
- The NFTA metro (the entire line spans about 10 miles down one single street)
- The sense of community (Buffalonians are some of the warmest people I know)
- Globe Market (their gluten-free bread tops the charts)
- Summer fun (you can find dozens of free, out-door activities scattered throughout the city every single day during the summer)
The one thing I have yet to love, appreciate, or even tolerate, is winter in Buffalo.
The cold, the wind, the snow, the ice; all of it makes me want to cuddle up with a blanket and hibernate for the entire winter (which in Buffalo, lasts for about nine months).
So, I’m happy to have found a solution.
Insert: Grocery Express.
This nifty site first lets you choose which store you want your goodies from. Then, some brave, winter-tolerating employee will go shopping for you & deliver your groceries right to your doorstep.
The only downside is the enormous fee charged for gas & delivery. However, if you hate winter as much as I do, it’s totally worth it.
If I were you, instead of bundling up after work to face the frenzy that is Wegmans, Tops, or any other grocery store in Buffalo past 5:00 p.m., cuddle up in some sweats & fire up your laptop to place an order with Grocery Express.