Are you using Snapchat as a part of your social media marketing mix?
If you’re not already, it’s time to get started.
According to this article in Adweek, Snapchat is the fastest growing social network.
Snapchat allows brands to show their personality, be creative, and engage with their audience. By creating unique content, and involving your viewers in the process, brands are establishing closer connections with their online fans.
It’s a powerful platform for storytelling that allows for businesses to take their audience behind-the-scenes.
However, Snapchat is far from perfect. In fact, you’ve probably realized by now that they are seriously lacking in the discovery side.
It’s not easy to find new users within the Snapchat interface.
Enter the app: Ghostcodes.
Ghostcodes is a Snapchat-specific discovery app.
The app, which you can download straight to your phone, helps with discovery on Snapchat; you can find (and be found by) other Snapchat users easily.
What’s great about Ghostcodes is that it actually works. (I’ve gained 10 new followers in the last 10 hours thanks to using the app.)
It’s also easy to get set up. Here’s how:
- Download the application to your phone
- Create a profile by entering your full name, your Snapchat username, a bio and a password. You’ll also upload your Snapcode into the Ghostcodes app. Worth noting is that you can upload a new photo to function as your profile photo, cause Ghostcodes is cool like that.
- Enter some “keywords” that you want to have identified with your profile. Ideally, you should pick keywords that represent the things you’ll be snapping about so that interested users can find you more easily.
- Pick a category to associate your profile with. My category is obviously marketing, but there are tons to pick from such as travel, beauty, fashion, lifestyle, comedy, fitness and more!
You want to take time to dive in to the categories in order to discover relevant Snapchat users in your niche.
When you find a profile of someone that you think you might want to follow on the platform, check out their interests (which are listed below their social links) and start engaging with them.
Engaging on Ghostcodes
Once you’ve set up your Ghostcodes profile, you’re going to want to start engaging in the app.
There are two ways to engage: giving kudos and downloading Snapcodes.
When you find someone on Ghostcodes, you can “give kudos” by clicking the heart located directly under their Snapcode.
Giving kudos is a great way to get on other the radar of people you want to discover you. When you give someone kudos, it shows up in their notifications which can be found by clicking the flag icon located in the bottom bar on the app’s interface.
In essence, “kudos” on Ghostcodes function like “likes” on Facebook; they help you gain awareness from other users on the platform.
The second way to engage is downloading their Snapcode; you can do this by clicking the down arrow located next to the heart icon where you give kudos.
Downloading someone’s Snapcode is the easiest way to add them as a friend on Snapchat because when you download the Snapcode from Ghostcodes, it gets saved directly to your camera roll.
Downloading someone’s Snapcode on Ghostcodes is like friending them on Facebook; it’s a means of connection.
Snagging these Snapcodes makes it incredibly easy to find new people on the platform, get discovered by others and grow your Snapchat followers and following.
Once you have the Snapcode, you can add them as a friend on Snapchat easily:
- Go to the Snapchat app
- Click the ghost icon at the top of the screen to access your profile
- Click the “add friends” button and select the “add by Snapcode” option. This will let you click on the Snapcodes that Ghostcodes saved to your camera roll and add all of these people as friends.
Ghostcodes is an extremely effective tool for growing your awareness on Snapchat, and finding other quality users to follow.
It’s important to note that despite not having a discovery feature within the platform, Snapchat’s engagement and usage is still growing at unprecedented rates when compared to other social media channels; this shows that brands are seeing the power and popularity of the platform.
Got questions about Ghostcodes and how it works? Check out their awesome FAQ page.
Want daily social media tips? Start following me on Snapchat today!