Are you using video as part of your advertising strategy?
With video on the rise, and the fact that Facebook’s algorithm favors video, it’s smart to start thinking creatively about how you can use video to not only spread your message but engage with your fans.
The rise of video can be seen through the number of people spending time on applications like Meerkat and Periscope; people favor face-to-face.
Through video ads, you can create a deep connection with your audience while also serving to share your message in a format that is proven to be popular.
Structure your advertisement:
When making a video ad, the structure is critical if you want to use the ad to drive conversions.
Below are five tips that you can use to structure you video ads to be successful:
- Grab attention: In order to keep people watching through your ad, you need to grab their attention and pique their interest early on. Ask a question that your audience will answer “yes” to in order to grab their eyes and ears. The best questions are those that relate to a pain point or problem that your audience is struggling with.
- Build interest: Don’t just ask and answer the question. Build some interest by hinting at the solution. The best ads are ones that set the scene, describe a situation that elicits an emotional response, and hint at a solution.
- Elicit desire: The best way to create a desire in the audience for your offering is to describe the benefits of your offering. Don’t describe the features, but rather the pain points that are solved. Perhaps your product helps save people time or money; whatever the benefit is, be sure to state it clearly.
- Create conviction: In order to get your audience to act, you need to make it a no-brainer for them. By using Cialdini’s Principles of Influence like authority and scarcity, you will help convince your audience that your offering is worth their time or money. Create conviction by stating the limited time offer and/or sharing testimonials of your offering from influencers.
- Add the call to action: Lastly, you need to tell people exactly what you want them to do as a result of seeing your ad. Do you want them to fill out a form with their email? Say it. Want them to click a button to visit your website? Tell them by mentioning the call to action button that you placed on the ad.
The most successful marketers are those who find a way to grab attention, generate interest and a need from the audience, and tell their audience how to convert.
By following the structure above, you’ll be sure to create a video ad that resonates with your audience and inspires them to action.
Want to see these practices in action?
Watch one of my latest videos that I used for an advertisement!